Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gracias ~ Rsponse: second wind, poem

Venceremos Jose!
You are a good poet and it inspires to do some of my own.

I like the mental images I got from it and it was well done.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Come Together and Create!
Peter S. Lopez ~ aka:Peta
Sacramento, California, Aztlan
Email: sacranative@yahoo.com

C/S


--- On Wed, 7/16/08, Jose Garza <aztatlxikano@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jose Garza <aztatlxikano@yahoo.com>
Subject: second wind, poem
To: movimiento_con-safos-y-que@yahoogroups.com, NetworkAztlan_Arte@yahoogroups.com,
Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 4:41 PM


Second Wind: Dedicated to Random Anarchy (for Kris)
1.
She is Mexika
from Anahuac
Xixemecate origin,
from wild mountain winds
the longer her hair grows
the lengthier her ancestry
2.
heat wave
playing Xikano music full volume to the consternation
of western Blue Jay & daylight sleeping coyotes dreaming
in the womb of these ageless mountain altos, a rebel wind
I am Geronimo Goyathlay, Chiricuahua Apache playing hide & seek quenching mountain creek water thirst, chasing lonely dreams;
I am Geronimo Pratt Black Panther leaping, an unexpected
quicksand rainstorm filling dry arroyos I am honey dew
melon in the summertime at Haymarket Square, Chicago;
I am Sierra Madre Coahuila, Mexico mountain top resting
memories- today at 1602 Brunswick Street, south San Antonio,
Texas or tomarrow in 1492 hiding from Spanish cannon,
the angry French invader wasps can be handled with Copal smoke from Kalpulli Izkalli y con Danzantes Mexica, intricately
weaving the great difference between self pride & self defense,
imagine how good it is to move in ones own space....
3.
refrigerators, desk tops, coffee tables, closets, file cabinets
were invented are the most logical places for clutter,
our youth was birthed to be molded by the state-
opinionated with little resourcefullness it rained all day
washing friendship down a Central Avenue storm drain
cortando flores haphazard I learned the hard way
to toss the angry words into the hostile atmosphere, tell me
which illusion are you hiding behind? is it friendly there?
here is a family secret recipe, I am who I am I work better
under pressure, a reason to continue the folly full throttle
wide open in abandonment,
crack snap!
free & safe
settle down
get married
stay single
it is all a mystery to me
I develope best founded theories
of life thinking, walking alone stumbling
down pot holed alleyways of the big city,
discovering rusted art trinkets
collecting city desert mountain view
lost objectives, twisted wire highway
tractor trailer blow-out tire tread
crushed beer bottle caps tell me that life
can be a Weather-worn rain storm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be for real! Love La Raza Cosmca! Venceremos!